PBM-2500 ID Mount End Prep & Flange Facer (0.5″ to 4″ ID)
The PBM-2500 is a right-angled pipe (tube) end-prep machining tool designed to face, bevel, and counterbore for cutting end-prep configurations for welding. These operations can be performed separately or simultaneously. The current model uses a pneumatic powered motor. An optional electric motor is available upon request.
This machine uses an internal expanding clamping mandrel with interchangeable pad sets, which will accommodate internal diameters from a 1.000” to 2.50” ID (standard mandrel). Optional mandrels are available and will mount from 0.5” to 1.25” ID (small mandrel) and 2.50” to 4.00” ID (large mandrel). Components, operation, and maintenance are covered in further detail in the operating manual.
The PBM-2500 beveling machine is capable of tube and pipe weld-end preparation that meets all existing conventional codes including the more stringent nuclear codes.
The expanding mandrel provides fast, accurate, self-centering alignment to the pipe or tube to be machined.
- Light weight – 14 lbs
- Heavy tool bits held in by keyed slots
- Clamping mandrel with bolt-on locator pads (no springs); stops any pieces from dropping down into the work piece
- Gear drive unit has spiral bevel gears for better torque and more teeth engagement
- Mandrels cover a range of 0.5” to 4” ID
- Pneumatic and electric motors available
- Face both the raised face and bolt hole surface of a flange